The Government of Canada has launched a streamlined site for victims of crime. The Victims Matter site states: “The government of Canada is taking action for victims of crime, so can you”.
Victims of sexual assault/sexual abuse can find information under the
“Is This Your Situation?” section by clicking on the link for
Victims of Violent Crime. In this section, to get help victims of sexual assault/sexual abuse are directed to:
- call 911 in an emergency
- contact your local police service if you wish to file a report
- contact victim services whether or not they have reported the crime to police
- click a link to the Victim Services Directory to locate services in your local area
- click a link to learn more about victim services provided by provincial and territorial governments
- click a link to the Canadian Resource Centre for Victims of Crime, which is a non-governmental organization
You can contact the Government of Canada to request information or to provide your feedback about the site.
Toll-free Number: Call 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) for help to find information and services.
Mail: Department of Justice Canada, 284 Wellington Street, Ottawa, ON K1A 0H8
Always remember that you may have been victimized by sexual violence, but by searching for help you have started your healing.